Companies spend a lot of money on digital marketing to be able to communicate with prospective customers and also with existing ones. Paid Advertising and Social Media especially work well for businesses. However, when it comes to finding new business or prospects, Cold Email Marketing works wonders for them.
So, what is cold email marketing?
Cold email marketing is nothing but reaching out to an unknown prospect via email. The receiver of the email is someone who you never contacted before but you think he can be your prospective client. Sales representatives who engage in cold email marketing activities believe that prospect data and the right communication play the most important role in cold email marketing. However, even with the most accurate data of target audience and best cold email template there involves a lot of human effort to get results out of cold email marketing. Proper campaign tracking and endless copy-pasting make cold email marketing a little tedious job. That’s where the cold email software comes in handy.
Cold email software automates the process of sending emails and follow-ups to prospects. It reduces human effort as well as human errors. Cold email software, if chosen correctly, will offer a range of tools that will not only help you automate the process but also give you the best ROI with its features such as email warmup, email deliverability, spam test reports, and more. By using good email automation software, you will increase your chances of reaching your prospect’s primary inbox and close more deals every month.
If you are looking for cold email software with a power-packed suite of cold email marketing tools your search ends here. SmartReach.io is exactly what you need! Cold email software for advanced users who can connect their CRMs to experience the smooth cold email marketing process. Smartreach is compatible with almost every popular CRM tool. It also offers features such as the personalization of emails and scheduling them as per the receiver’s timezone. One of the reasons why SmartReach.io tops the table is the deliverability to inbox rate. With features like email warmup, email validations, SPAM test reports, and campaign warmup, SmartReach ensures that your email is delivered to the prospect’s inbox almost every time. SmartReach.io supports all popular email clients including GSuite, Office365, Outlook, Mailgun, and SendGrid.
- Email Automation – SmartReach is a tool that won’t allow you to blast a huge number of emails at one go but one-by-one as if you were sending manually. You can also carry out account-based sales to target multiple stakeholders in an enterprise. It also enables you to auto-pause campaigns when anyone from the same Account or anyone sharing the same email domain gives a response. This way you can optimize the campaign in a more effective manner by targeting account-based sales. SmartReach also helps you to deliver emails according to the prospect’s timezone. With SmartReach, you can schedule your campaigns to go out at the same time in different time zones. Never again will your campaigns reach prospects in the middle of the night, which will help you get more engagements and conversions. SmartReach offers you the best follow-up system. It tracks your email for replies and auto-pauses any follow-ups upon receiving any reply from a prospect. SmartReach.io’s Dynamic Email Content feature can help you include conditional statements which hyper-personalize your emails.
- Email Deliverability – SmartReach.io offers email warmups (WarmUpHero) to help you build up IP, Domain, and Email reputation for better deliverability. You can choose to warm up your account for the number of days you want and also the number of emails you want to send. With its feature to have a check on problems with email authentications like SPF, DKIM, DMarc you can make sure that your email doesn’t land in the prospect’s spam folder.
- Prospect Finder Tool – SmartReach.io offers an email finder tool – (prospectdaddy.com) that also works as a chrome extension. ProspectDaddy email finder tool helps you find prospects on LinkedIn “Linkedin Email Finder” and business emails on Gmail to create email-ready lists of prospective customers. This feature helps you to find the correct set of audiences and achieve better ROI through cold outreach.
- Prospect Management – Prospect Management is one of the most cumbersome yet important tasks. Thanks to SmartReach.io’s prospect management feature that helps you manage millions of prospects with ease. You can group your prospects based on their responses or their activity on your emails for further actions within SmartReach.
- CRM Integrations – SmartReach integrates with your CRM seamlessly. Integrate natively with the most popular CRMs in the market to create workflows that help you add data from and to your CRM. Some of the popular CRMs SmartReach can be connected to are Hubspot, Zoho CRM, PipeDrive, and Salesforce
- Team Collaboration – Apart from these features SmartReach also helps you manage teams within the dashboard. The team inbox is where all your sales reps come together in a common inbox. Emails in the team inbox are visible to every member of the team and any available rep can jump into a conversation to keep it going. You have the flexibility to define Permissions for each Role and assign roles to different team members to control which team members can access datasets across your organization.
- Detailed Analytics – When you run a cold email marketing campaign, numbers and analysis play the most important role in campaign optimization decisions. With SmartReach you can get the most detailed and comprehensive reporting for a better understanding of the campaign. Their comprehensive reporting system will help you understand how many prospects open, click, and respond to your emails. Such detailed reporting can help you better your subject lines or call to action.
There are hardly any cons withs SmartReach.io as it is highly customizable and fulfills all your needs. Although the native CRM integration with close.io and Copper CRM is not available with SmartReach, it has a Zapier integration that would address this concern. SmartReach.io doesn’t offer a free plan
Free Trial: 14 Days (includes all add-on functions)
- Pricing Plans for Individuals
|Plan||Pricing||Prospect Contacts /Month|
- Pricing Plans for Businesses
|Plan||Pricing per Month/ User||Prospect Contacts /Month|
|Standard||$99/ 5 users||5000|
|Pro||$149/ 5 users||10000|
|Ultimate||$199 / Unlimited users||Unlimited|
Lemlist is one of the best tools used for B2B lead generation via cold email marketing. It allows you to automate your cold email marketing campaigns. You can easily personalize cold emails, automate follow-ups, and engage with leads across all channels.
- Lemlist offers you easy email personalization features that let you send customized emails via mail merge to boost your cold email outreach.
- Lemlist makes it easy for you to use custom tracking domains for your email campaigns.
- Lemlist lets you automate follow-ups and create personalized email sequences for your marketing campaigns.
Lemlist Vs SmartReach comparison of features and pricing.
- Email automation.
- Personalization of images and videos is possible.
- Automatic follow-ups system.
- Domain warming to help your email reach the primary inbox instead of the spam folder of your target audience.
- Can use any customized cold email template.
- Integrates with popular CRM software.
- It has a separate interface from your email, you will have to switch through tabs multiple times to manage each cold outreach campaign.
- Can be challenging to set up a drip campaign.
- Lemlist doesn’t offer a free plan for Users.
- No spam test reports are available
- It neither gives you an email validation report nor the linked-in prospect finder feature
- Lemlist doesn’t have an inbuilt free email validation service.
Lemlist currently offers pricing plans that start from $59 per month per user with unlimited cold outreach campaign emails. However, their yearly plans may save you some costs.
MailShake offers you comprehensive cold email marketing software. It connects with almost every email service provider such as G-suite, Outlook, SMTP, etc. Apart from that MailShake also integrates with popular CRM software. Mailshake also offers you a decent number of features like A/B Testing, Follow-up emails, email personalization, and more.
- One of Mailshake’s best features that makes it a standout from other similar software is the option to edit campaigns that have already begun.
- Mailshake offers native integration with popular CRM software
- You can use mail merge to personalize email and follow-ups
Mailshake Vs SmartReach – Comparison of features and pricing
- A/B testing
- Drip Campaigns
- Pre-made Email Templates
- Event Trigger for Emails
- Mobile-Optimized Emails
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) Email Editor
- It Counts “Out-of-Office” Emails as a Lead
- Doesn’t have an email finder tool
- Offers only 5000 free email validation credits
- Mailshake only offers 2 plans $59/month and $99/month plans
- No free plans
Woodpecker.co offers you an email automation tool that helps you put your cold email outreach on autopilot. It also integrates with email service providers such as Gmail and Outlook. Woodpecker’s email personalization and follow-up email system are some of the basic but most important features that help you track and optimize your campaigns.
- Scheduling and tracking cold email campaigns.
- Auto-reply detection and follow-up email
- Enable drip campaigns
- Single platform for team management and tracking
- Personalization of email
Wookpecker.co Vs SmartReach – Comparison of features and pricing
- Woodpecker.co gives you a system to auto-detect duplicate contact in your email list.
- Bunch of campaign management features such as team management and detailed reporting
- Woodpecker.co also has a chrome browser extension which comes in very handy for certain tasks
- It has dedicated tools for the B2B Lead Generation process for agencies
- Woodpecker.co doesn’t offer one of the most important features such as email warmup
- It doesn’t have hyper-personalization of the email i.e. it does give you a feature to personalize email text but it doesn’t let you send a liquid conditional email.
- Another shortcoming of Woodpecker is that; it doesn’t have an email finder tool. Email finder tool helps you find prospect’s email ID
- Woodpecker doesn’t offer native integration with some of the most popular CRM software, such as Salesforce, ZOHO, etc.
- No free plans
Pricing plans start at $49/month per user with all basic features with unlimited sending. However, the pricing increases to $69/month per user if you want to include Advance Campaign Management, API Keys and Integration, and an Agency Panel
Klenty is a cold email marketing software that helps you send personalized emails and automated follow-up messages. It is a platform designed to help you get more replies and meetings.
- Email automation and personalization – beyond the first name personalization you can create unlimited and custom placeholders.
- It allows you to track open, click, reply, and bounce rate reports and optimize your campaign accordingly.
- It also provides you data and insights with templates such as A/B Testing, Comparison Metrics, and Coaching Manuals to optimize every outreach campaign.
- Klenty detects duplicate contacts in your list and blocks them in order to ensure no contact gets multiple emails.
Klenty Vs SmartReach – Comparison of features and pricing
- A very easy campaign management interface that helps you perform tasks smoothly
- You can import prospects lists in CSV, Google Sheets, or CRM quite easily.
- You can branch your cadences based on engagement with previous emails
- Better email deliverability with Email Throttling, Random Sending Intervals
- Integrations with Zapier and Pipedrive CRM to automate your workflow.
- Some of the important features like email validations, spam test reports, and email warmups are missing
- There are limited features offered for agencies, such as one-click reports or single SignOn
- Klenty doesn’t offer you a free trial
Pricing plans start at $35/month per user with features like unlimited contacts, email cadences, API, Gmail plugin, and mail merge. However, an enterprise version which is a full stack of features offered by Klenty costs you $100/month per user if billed annually.
Reply.io is a platform designed for sales engagement that helps you automate & scale your email outreach. It is designed to help you generate more leads, acquire new customers, and grow revenue faster. Most of their customers use it primarily for email automation and sales growth.
- Reply.io offers you a power-packed reporting system that helps you track the open, click, reply, and bounce rate of your email campaigns.
- It helps you personalize your emails which makes your campaigns more effective.
- You can filter out certain users from the queue depending upon their actions which gives you better results from your campaigns
- It offers you a decent number of daily sending limit i.e 400 emails per day
Reply.io Vs SmartReach – Comparison of features and pricing
- Reply.io offers a lot of features that help you to create easy workflows and achieve great results
- It offers you a very easy and user friendly dashboard that helps you perform tasks faster and with very less complications
- It also has a tool that helps you find prospect’s email IDs via LinkedIn
- It gets integrated with most of the popular CRM which help you smoothly create campaign workflows
- Pricing plans of reply.io are on a higher side compared to industry standards.
- It doesn’t offer some of the most important features like email warmup and spam test reports
- It doesn’t have dedicated features for big teams and agencies like once click report or Single SignOn
- No free plan is available for the users who want to try the software
- No free plans
- The basic plan with User to Contact 1,000 people per month is priced at $70
- Mid-level plan with User to Contact 3,000 people per month is priced at $90
- The top plan with User to Contact 30,000 people per month is priced at $120
GMass offers you a cold email automation tool that can be used from your Gmail account. Its powerful mail merge capabilities and other important features have made it a popular cold email outreach tool. GMass is a perfect tool for single users, startups companies, sales representatives, and anyone who wants to use Gmail for cold outreach.
- GMass’ offers a feature that helps you Build an Email List which makes it super easy to create massive mailing lists.
- GMass helps you personalize email messages that make your campaigns more impactful and result-oriented
- GMass offers you strong analytics and reports features that help you get datasets for total recipients, unique opens, clicks, replies, and bounce rates
- GMass automates the process of sending follow-ups to help you engage your prospects and boost open rates.
- The simple setup process with Gmail.
- The interface is self-explanatory and user-friendly.
- Email listing options which help you better targeting
- Has a host email deliverability features
- The tool works only with Gmail and Google Workspace accounts.
- The tool doesn’t work with any browser but only with the Chrome browser.
- Doesn’t offer native integrations with crm softwares
- Standard Individual Plan Starts with $12.95/month per user with basic features
- Premium plan with advanced features costs $19.95/month per user
- Team Plan with all features starts with $89/month for a team of five
SalesHandy is a cold email automation software that helps you Send personalized cold email campaigns with automated follow-ups. SalesHandy offers a set of tools for small individual marketers to big enterprises.
- You can send personalized emails to multiple recipients.
- Automate follow-ups to individual emails or entire email campaigns.
- Built-in email limiter ensures you don’t send many emails per day and risk your domain reputation.
- An email verification tool helps check the validity of email addresses before sending emails.
- Free email tracking with Gmail.
- Schedule bulk emails to be sent to recipients in different time zones at a time they are most likely to be opened.
- Link tracking and real-time notifications when emails are opened.
- It has a free starter plan for small-time users
- You have to pay separately for verifying email lists.
- No native mobile app for both Android and iOS devices.
- Limited mail merge capabilities.
- It offers a very plain UI and not with the latest trends
- No native CRM integrations and email warm ups
- No spam test reports
SalesHandy has a Free Forever plan with limited features which is suitable for small-scale individual marketers. Paid plans start at $9/month per user with features like email tracking, templates, and analytics. A plus plan with additional features costs $22/ month per user and the enterprise plan costs $49/month per user
An all-in-one platform that makes your sales team’s work easy and ROI-driven. It is one of the most useful software for sales teams since it allows them to not only send cold emails but also make calls to other regions and countries. Outreach also offers an SMS integration feature that lets you reach your potential customers via phone. Outreach offers you a wide range of features, but it has the highest cost compared to almost any software in the same industry.
- It offers real-time customer engagement insights using email tracking and link-clicks tracking
- SalesHandy allows users to send personalized mail merge campaigns with trigger based automated follow-up
- Some of the important benefits of using SalesHandy are email scheduling, customized mail merging, email tracking, email campaigns, automated follow-ups
- They have a great customer support
- Outreach offers you many different Integrations
- You can make calls to different countries
- Bulk emails take a longer wait time
- The Integration with Gmail and Salesforce Could be Better
- It is expensive and not a budget friendly option for small businesses
- Not the best software for small teams or individual businesses
They do not mention their costs but you can request pricing plans by contacting them via the website (usually offer only annual plans and with minimum order size)
Yesware is a simple and effective sales prospecting tool used for cold email outreach by sales reps and email marketers. In YesWare you can create personalized cold email marketing campaigns. YesWare works with email service providers such as Gmail and Outlook.
- YesWare allows you to create personalized email templates
- You can easily schedule and run drip campaigns.
- Set follow-up emails and reminders.
- Email tracking with real-time notifications.
- It offers you a clean dashboard to track each and every campaign
- Email personalization is possible to a very good extent
- It integrates with many CRM Software
- It doesn’t properly show email opens if there are multiple recipients
Pricing plans start with Pro Plan at $15/month per user with email tracking, productivity tools, and reporting features. However the Premium and Enterprise plans costs you for $35 and $65/ month per user respectively\
Snov is another popular software designed for cold emailing that has an easy-to-use interface. Snov is an email automation tool that helps you automate your cold outreach and save time. You can also download the Snov extension for Google Chrome that lets you find someone’s email address on a website.
- Snov offers A/B Testing and detailed reporting that help you optimize your campaigns
- Snov offers list management tools that help you import and maintain subscriber data
- Email Verification tool that helps you clean your email list
- Snov offers you an Email Finder Tool
- You can start drip campaigns
- Email Verifier that Validates all Email Addresses
- With the Domain Search Tool, you can find an email address that is attached to a certain domain name.
- They have a hideous interface, which makes it a little challenging for the users to create workflows easily
- No feature for email warmup
- No native CRM integrations
- Small Plan: $33 month/unlimited user
- Medium Plan: $83 month/unlimited user
- Large Plan: $158 month/unlimited user
- Extra-Large Plan: $308 month/unlimited user
- Extra-Extra-Large Plan: $615 month/unlimited user
12. Overloop.io (earlier Prospect.io)
Overloop (earlier Prospect.io) is an email automation tool that helps companies and freelancers find leads via cold email marketing. It offers a super quick and easy solution for prospecting and lead management.
- Search or verify the email IDs of your list of prospects
- Very Easy to Use Email Sequencing Tool
- Customize and share email templates with your sales team
- Reply detection – including tracking of bounce rates and out-of-office responses
- It works with Gmail and Outlook.
- It offers integrations with Salesforce and HubSpot CRM.
- Has a chrome extension that helps you find prospect details from social media.
- Creating drip campaigns can be complicated.
- No free plan is available.
- Unused email credits in a month don’t roll over to the next month — you lose them.
Pricing plans start at $19/month per user with unlimited email campaigns, reporting features, and 250 email finder credits. You can purchase additional credits starting at $39 for 250 credits.
Cold email marketing is one of the best ways to generate leads for your business. Coupled with the best cold email software that suits your requirements of email automation tools you will achieve success in your campaigns. The list of the software mentioned in this blog allows you to make your work easier, faster and accurate. You can evaluate your needs and resources to choose the best tool for your business